Sunday, May 6, 2007

Take that, AIDS!

First, the awesome news: because of the generosity of many people, we broke the $7000 mark for AIDS ride fundraising! I'm so glad I decided to do the ride again this year, because my experience already has been very different. Last year, I started fundraising and training much earlier. Donations came in from mostly close friends and relatives: a steady stream that was encouraging. This year I began late, but if anything that seems to have made folks more motivated! I have been getting donation from a wider range of people, and my repeat sponsors are giving inspiring amounts.

For those who haven't had a chance to donate yet, even though we've surpassed my fundraising goal, I want to point out that we still haven't met the goal of defeating an epidemic that has killed 25 million people. Your support is still needed and appreciated!

Second is a change in plans. Earlier this year I had really wanted to do the Tour de Cure, 1 day cycling rides that raise funds and awareness for diabetes. Unfortunately, because of scheduling conflicts, I won't be able to do these rides this year. I encourage the other cyclists who read this blog to look into them, though, as I think charity rides are a great way to take the next step in the sport.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

No comments: